Handouts for the Rockwell Collins Retiree Insurance Program for 2017
- Written by Bob Ocken
On Oct 3,4, and 5 2016, RCRV presented its annual seminar on the 2017 Rockwell Collins Insurance program for Rockwell Collins retirees at Kirkwood Training and Outreach Service Center in Marion.
If you were unable to attend one of these seminars, or would like a copy of the handouts, the handouts are available at:
Rockwell Collins Insurance Presentation Hand-outs 2017 Pdf format
Proposed Changes to RCRV By-laws
- Written by Keith Sutherland
Changes to the RCRV by-laws have been proposed. The changes are minimal, correcting our meeting location and referencing 55+ Initiative in place of RSVP. Several minor typos are also corrected. Please review and come to the October board meeting with your comments/suggestions. The final vote on approval will be held at that meeting.
You can view the proposed bylaws in Microsoft Word format by clicking this link.
Adult Swing Project
- Written by Dave Knuth
On July 19 of this year, RCRV received a request from Systems Unlimited, Inc. to build an adult swing. This swing had to be able to hold a 300 pound individual. RCRV accepted the challenge and Dave Knuth came up with a design that was presented to Systems Unlimited for their approval. They reviewed and approved the design and subsequent funding estimate.
Adaptive Physical Education equipment requests from Ann Griffin
For the last 10 years, many RCRV members have been involved in projects to create equipment for Ann Griffin of the Grant Wood Area Education Agency. Ann is responsible for the Adapted Physical Education (APE) program which supports Physical Educators tasked with teaching students with disabilities. (http://www.aea10.k12.ia.us/divlearn/APE/equipment.html ) RCRV members have created several pieces of specialized equipment to allow disabled students to participate in PE activities.
RCRV Change #1
- Written by Dave Knuth
Before I left town last Winter, I asked the RCRV members of the board for input on the future of RCRV because things were changing:
- REACT was closed
- New Location for Weekly Meetings
- New location for Monthly Board Meetings
- Uncertainty of ongoing Rockwell Sponsorship
- Our Membership is aging, with few new members
- Our responsiveness to Volunteer Requests has deteriorated, and is jeopardizing our relationship with some non-profits
- The type of Volunteer Requests has changed over the years, and often do not appeal as much to our technical, constructional and instructional capabilities
- Some of our Members have gravitated to specific Volunteer activities, like SHIIP and WRAP that either satisfy their volunteer desires or limit their ability to take on more activities.